Monday, October 11, 2010

Beliefs - not a christian

I'm tired of labels. I'm tired of fighting. People tell me I'm un-christian, I'm a sinner, blah blah blah. So on and so forth.

Let me clear some things up. I havn't called myself a Christian in a long time. Why? Because I realized I don't follow the rules.

I have stopped telling people "ill pray for him" and turned it into "Sending loving thoughts" because I dont find myself ever really praying.

I believe people don't have a choice who they fall in love with. I believe sitting in church and being bored out of my mind would be and insult to God, so I don't go.

I swear, I get moody and I take prescription pills (which I've been told is wrong).

Sure I know some things are wrong, MURDER, THEFT, HURTING ANOTHER PERSON.. The big stuff.

Yes those are bad. But why is falling in love with someone of the same sex considered bad? How is saying a word consisdered bad?
I refuse to believe that someone is going to hell because they happened to fall in love with some one who has the same anatamoy as them..

Now Im not saying I don't believe in God. Because I do. I honestly know he's out there. I believe in him and love him.

Im just so tired of everyone else's judgment

2 comments:

  1. I've gone through the whole religion thing, rules thing and trying to live up to what everyone else thinks a Christian should look like too. It's exhausting and wrong. I would never say taking prescription pills is wrong for a Christian (not that what I say really matters). But for me, personally, it's all about my relationship with Jesus Christ, not rules. He died for my sins, not my sins because I've broken some 'rule'. But because I was born a sinner and to spend eternity with Him, I need His forgiveness. I really don't care if I 'look' or 'act' like what the world thinks a Christian should look like, all I want to do is grow in my relationship with my Lord and Savior. Just like I grow in my relationship with my husband. This is all me and my life. Everyone has to come to their own decision on if they want a relationship with Jesus or not.
    Now, if you were asking me (and I know you aren't, so feel free to delete this comment if you want), I would just encourage someone to read the Bible. Not to get a list of do's and don'ts, but to find out about Jesus and what He did for us all. So see how much He loves us and what He went through to spend eternity with us.
    There are lots of things in this world that doesn't make sense, why bad things happen. And I don't pretend to know or explain why it does. All I know is I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, that He died for my sins (He died for everyone's sins) and that I'm so thankful for that.

    Love you lots Jess. I just wanted to let you know that not all people who love the Lord are judgmental, but also that we are no more perfect than anyone else. Sorry that people have made you feel like all Christianity is about do's and don'ts. And I was serious, if you want to delete this comment, feel free. :)

    Love ya,
    Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already told you my feelings on this... the comment above is beautiful.
    I keep thinking "who would Christ be eating dinner with if he were here"?
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete