Sunday, June 23, 2013

Let's Day Dream


So I wanted to write, and I had no idea what to write, so I asked my facebook friends for suggestions. 
My friend asked me: What would your life be like if you didn't have a CHD?

At first, I didn't think I could answer that. This is all I've ever known, and you know what, it isn't a bad life! Its actually really good! I may have days where I hate it, but its brought about so much good in my life and I couldn't imagine life without it. 

But then I started day dreaming.
What would life be like!?
Maybe I'd be married, and maybe I'd be a mommy. 

Maybe I'd be running marathons! In the past year, all I've wanted to do was be able to run!

I know for sure I wouldn't be in Idaho. I would have a full time job and living on my own, maybe in Chicago. Salt Lake and Spokane wouldn't even have been an option. 

At that's when it hits me, knowing those places wont be an option. I can't imagine never meeting all the wonderful people from Spokane and Utah. I can't imagine never know all the wonderful CHD families I've met in person, and online all over the world. 

I stop day dreaming. If I can't know these people, and I know for a fact I wouldn't know them if I didn't have a CHD, I don't want to imagine.

CHD is hard, so very hard. Its scary, and at times, its a true nightmare.
There is so much heart break in the CHD community.
But at times, there are triumphs to. And those we celebrate. 
There are things I cant do, that I really wish I could. But, its my life. 
There is so much love and support in this "heart family" 
I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment